Current version = 2.1.9
Last stable version = 2.1.8
- ruTorrent 3.4 + official plugins
- rTorrent 0.9.2 or 0.9.3 (you can choose, downgrade and upgrade at any time)
- Deluge 1.3.5 or 0.9.3 (you can choose, downgrade and upgrade at any time)
- libTorrrent 0.13.2 or 0.12.9
- JailKit (providing chroot jail)
- Fail2ban - to avoid apache and ssh exploits. Fail2ban bans IPs that show malicious signs -- too many password failures, seeking for exploits, etc.
- Apache (SSL)
- PHP 5 and PHP-FPM (FastCGI to increase performance)
- Linux Quota
- SSH Server (for SSH terminal and sFTP connections)
- vsftpd (Very Secure FTP Deamon - for jailed and non-jailed users)
- Webmin (use it to manage your users quota)
- sabnzbd: http://sabnzbd.org/
- Rapidleech (http://www.rapidleech.com)
Main ruTorrent plugins
autotoolscpuload, diskspace, erasedata, extratio, extsearch, feeds, filedrop, filemanager, geoip, history, logoff, mediainfo, mediastream, rss, scheduler, screenshots, theme, trafic and unpack
Additional ruTorrent plugins
- Autodl-IRSSI (with an updated list of trackers)
- A modified version of Diskpace to support quota (by me)
- Filemanager (modified to handle rar, zip, unzip, tar and bzip)
- Fileshare Plugin (http://forums.rutorrent.org/index.php?topic=705.0)
- MediaStream (to watch your videos right from your seedbox)
- Theme: Oblivion
You need to have a "blank" server installation, if you have a Kimsufi, just do a "reinstall" on it, using Ubuntu Server 12.04.
After that access your box using a SSH client, like PuTTY.
How to install
Just copy and paste those commands on your terminal:
wget -N https://raw.github.com/Notos/seedbox-from-scratch/v2.1.9/seedbox-from-scratch.sh
time bash ~/seedbox-from-scratch.sh
You must be logged as root to run this installation or use sudo on it.
After installing you will have access to the following commands to be used directly in terminal
* While executing them, if sudo is needed, they will ask for a password.
To access services installed on your new server point your browser to the following script
https://<Server IP or Server Name>/seedboxInfo.php
Download http://<Server IP or Server Name>/rutorrent/vpn.zip and use it in any OpenVPN client.
Supported and tested servers
- Ubuntu Server 12.10.0 - 64bit (on VM environment)
- Ubuntu Server 12.04.x - 64bit (on VM environment)
- Ubuntu Server 12.04.x - 32bit (OVH's Kimsufi 2G and 16G - Precise)
- Ubuntu Server 12.04.x - 64bit (OVH's Kimsufi 2G and 16G - Precise)
- Debian 6.0.6 - 32 and 64bit (OVH's Kimsufi 2G - Squeeze)
- Debian 6.0.6 - 32 and 64bit (on VM environment)
Enabling and managing quota
Quota is disabled by default in your box. To enable and use it, you'll have to open Webmin, using the address you can find in one of the tables box above this. After you sucessfully logged on Webmin, enable it by clicking
System => Disk and Network Filesystems => /home => Use Quotas? => Select "Only User" => Save
Now you'll have to configure quota for each user, doing
System => Disk Quotas => /home => <username> => Configure the "Soft kilobyte limit" => Update
As soon as you save it, your seedbox will also update the available space to all your users.
Take a look at seedbox-from-scratch.sh, it's all there.